If you’re the owner of a 2004 Ford Explorer, you may be wondering about the cost of replacing the upper ball joint. This is a common repair, and one that is not overly expensive. The average cost of this repair is between $200 and $250, depending on the location of the repair shop and the severity of the damage. The upper ball joint is responsible for the up and down movement of the suspension, and over time, it can become worn out. This can lead to a number of problems, including a rattling noise when driving over bumps, uneven tire wear, and a rough ride. If you’re experiencing any of these problems, it’s likely time to have your upper ball joint replaced.
How Much Does It Cost To Replace The Upper Ball Joint On A 2004 Ford Explorer?
The cost to replace the upper ball joint on a 2004 Ford Explorer is about $100.
Here’s a list of what you’ll need, along with estimated costs:
– Ball joint separator: $20-$30
– Press: $50-$100
– Socket set: $30-$50
– Torque wrench: $20-$50
– Replacement ball joint: $30-$60
Where Can I Find A Replacement Upper Ball Joint For My 2004 Ford Explorer?
You can find a replacement upper ball joint for your 2004 Ford Explorer at your local Ford dealership or auto parts store.
If you need to replace the upper ball joint on your 2004 Ford Explorer, there are a few places you can look. Here are a few options:
1. Check with your local Ford dealership. They should be able to help you find the right part and get it ordered for you.
2. Try a local auto parts store. They may have the part in stock or be able to order it for you.
3. Look online. There are many online auto parts retailers that carry this type of part. Just be sure to compare prices and shipping costs before you make your purchase.
4. Check with a salvage yard. You may be able to find a used upper ball joint that will work for your Explorer. Just be sure to have the part checked by a mechanic before installing it.
No matter where you end up getting your replacement upper ball joint, be sure to have it installed by a qualified mechanic. This is not a job for a novice. With the right tools and know-how, it should only take a mechanic about an hour to replace the upper ball joint on your Explorer.
The average cost for a 2004 Ford Explorer Upper Ball Joint Replacement is between $318 and $422.
I hope that you now understand. If you still have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment below.